With finals, AP testing and the SATs and ACTs, high school students have a lot of stress at the end of the year. Here are a few tips on how to maximize your scores while still being able to get sleep at night.
- Review your notes daily. That way you are studying everyday without putting in a lot of effort.
- Create acronyms when trying to remember formulas, vocabulary and any other thing that you are trying to remember.
- Quiz yourself while studying. See if you actually know the items that you are studying.
- Turn off all distractions. Find some place to study where it is quiet and there is nothing to distract you.
- Avoid caffeine. Don’t stress yourself out and drink caffeine in order to pull an all nighter.
- Study for 50 minutes and then take a 10 minute break. Don’t try to cram everything into 20 minutes of studying.
- Finish study guides one week before the test to insure you have times to ask questions and study the correct material.
- Take your time. There is no sense in rushing to study everything in one day, spread it out over a few days.
Courtney Ball, Staff Writer | 2015